Allan resides at 3744 Lake Road with his wife Debbie. Allan is a Manufacturing Engineer at Rochester Precision Optics. Allan has been a Town Board councilperson since 1994. As a lifelong area resident, Allan believes in being fiscally responsible and has a sensible approach to growth and development.
Clarkson Town Council - Town of Clarkson, NY - September 1994 one of five elected members of the town board which makes up the legislative and executive head of the town. Duties include leadership and decision making authority over the operations of highways, parks & recreation, snow removal, town employees, and the courts. Additional duties include budget input to the Library and Recreation center.
- Instrumental member of the “Community Activity Center” committee that lead to the establishment of the Sweden-Clarkson Community Center.
- Key member of the Joint Municipal Committee on Fire Protection, which lead to the first Fire Station in the Town of Clarkson.
- Authored the towns Hazardous Materials Emergency Response Plan.
- Authored the towns Emergency Operating Plan and Standard Procedure.
- Advisory committee Sweden/ Clarkson Parks and Recreation.
- Advanced new laws and local ordinances that helped to improve the town.
- Budget formulation and equipment procurement.
- Set town tax rates (below inflation) and execute cost management of operations.
- Elected six times (four year terms).
Assistant Fire Chief - Brockport Volunteer Fire Department, Brockport, NY January 1987 to December 1988. (20hr/wk.) Elected two terms, Fire ground commander of the “Terry’s fire” (the largest hazardous materials fire in Monroe county).
- Supervise firefighters at fire incidents.
- Plan and organize fire prevention programs for the public.
- Rochester Institute of Technology and Monroe Community College
- Brockport High School
- Facilitator Training for Team Leaders Resolve Conflicts & Differences
- Effective Presentation Skills Face to Face Customer Skills
- Project Management, Principles & Practices Essential Leadership Skills
- Analytic Trouble Shooting Situational Negotiation Skills
- Industrial Statistics Training Skills and Concepts
- How to Start and Run a Small Business Diversity Concepts
Community and Volunteer Work:
- Clarkson Town Council - August 1994 to present
- Sweden/Clarkson Recreations and Parks Advisory Board –Aug 2002 to present
- Community Activity Center Committee – February 2001 to Feb 2002
- Project Manager – USA Hockey Girls/Women’s Nationals at ESL Oct 2003-April 2004
- Joint Municipal Committee on Fire Protection - February 1997 to April 2000.
- Monroe County Fire Advisory Board - August 1998 to June 2002
- Commissioner - Brockport-Clarkson-Sweden Joint Recreation - May 96 – Dec 2002
- Clarkson Planning Board - January 1993 to August 1994
- Monroe County Planning Council - May 1994 to December 1996
- Assistant Fire Chief - Brockport Fire Dept - January 1987 to December 1988
- Fire Council Warden – Brockport Fire Dept. - April 1983 to December 1986
- Member - Brockport Fire Department - April 1976 to present
- Member - Brockport Exempts Benevolent Assoc. - November 1983 to present
- Life Member - W.N.Y. Volunteer Firemen’s Assoc. - April 1978 to present
- Member - New York State Assoc. of Fire Chiefs - April 1986 to present
- Member - Monroe County Fire Chiefs Assoc. - January 1987 to present
- Fireman of the Year - Silsby Hose Fire Company #1 - 1976, 1983, and 1985
- Captains Award - Capen Hose Fire Company #4 – 1997, 1999, and 2002.
- Special Recognition – Leadership at Local disaster – Terry’s Fertilizer plant fire 1987
- Special Recognition – Service at Local disaster – Nursing Home Evacuation - 2001
- Local Government Conference
- Local Land Use Decision Making course
- Public Safety Incident Management
- Command Post Operations