Pat is the Assistant Vice President of Institute Audit, Compliance & Advisement at his alma mater, Rochester Institute of Technology and an Adjunct Professor of Accounting at RIT’s Saunders College of Business. He is a Certified Public Accountant, a Certified Fraud Examiner, and a Certified Construction Auditor. He also served as a member of the Board of Governors of the Rochester Chapter of The Institute of Internal Auditors from 2000-2016.
Pat’s Town of Clarkson began in 1996, initially serving as a member of the Zoning Board of Appeals and then nine years on the Planning Board, serving as Chairperson. He is a life-long resident of the Brockport area and a third generation Clarkson resident, living here since 1991. Pat graduated from Brockport High School (’83), Alfred State (’87), and RIT (‘90) and has two children with his wife Dawn.
Pat’s expertise in finance and internal controls has been of great benefit to the Town. He has helped modernize policies and procedures in Clarkson’s employment policies and the Employee Handbook. He also implemented an employee ethics policy that includes an annual acknowledgment of the policy and a conflict of interest disclosure by all employees.
Pat’s vision on the Town Board is to help continue the conservative and responsible stewardship of town resources; maintain the Town’s historical heritage; and to promote effective economic growth in accordance with the Comprehensive Plan. He was endorsed by the Republican, Conservative and Independence parties on all of his previous campaigns.
- Consistently supported budgets below the tax cap thresholds mandated by NY State
- Initiated the creation of and a member of Clarkson Parks Master Plan Committee
- Chaired the Wind Power Generation local law subcommittee
- Initiated making the Town Hall as a Safe Place designation for a youth safe haven
- Initiated procuring heart defibrillators for the Town Hall, Courthouse and Highway Garage
- Implemented the ‘suggestion box’ for the Town of Clarkson website
- Supported the Town Noise Ordinance, a local law
- Initiated and implemented the following:
- Disbursements Policy and Procedures
- Employee background checks prior to hire
- Employee Conflict of Interest Disclosure Policy
- Annual Employee Code of Ethics acknowledgement
- Revised the Town’s employee health care benefits (post retirement) resulting in savings to the Town
- Sought more competitive pricing and restructured the office supply agreement resulting in substantial cost reduction
- Supported the conversion to Health Savings Accounts for employee medical insurance saving the town approximately $30,000 annually
- Created and administered the Clarkson town-wide motto contest resulting in “Preserving Our Past While Building a Future” as the Town’s official motto
- Initiated identification signage for Clarkson’s three hamlets. Sought funding from NYS DOT and led the procurement and design of signs for the hamlets
- Obtained funding for the construction of the canal trail kiosk at Clarkson’s Sans Soucie Canal Park on County Line Road.
- Certified in the FEMA National Incident Management System training.